Tuesday 27 July 2010

First day


Welcome to a new blog, setting out my life of punting and other things down in Cornwall, in the far south west of England. I run a small B&B which means that afternoons can often be spent following the racing on Racing UK or Attheraces. While no means a big player in financial terms I am a regular punter and currently am up in my accounts with VCBet, Paddy Power, Stan James, Betdaq, Blue Square and Coral but am showing a loss with Totesport and Bet365.

Today was the first day of Glorious Goodwood and I had just two bets at the meeting, the first was a small each way on Cat Junior at 33-1 in the Betfair Cup and the other was a win on Lord of the Stars at 9-1 in the Molecomb, with a straight forecast on Zebedee to beat that one.

Cat Junior ran a superb race, beaten only by the heavily backed Lord Shanakill to give a profit of 7.25pts. Lord of the Stars was one paced and finished well down the field behind the impressive Zebedee. If I liked to back favourites I would have gone in big on that one but I usually shy away from market leaders so missed out.

It was a superb day away from the punting, having spent the day with my son, daughter-in-law and grandaughter, who will be one on Friday. She is absolutely adorable and spent the day smiling and chuckling and has the most lovely nature and it was a real pleasure for my wife and I to spend time with her.

Back home in Cornwall now and have just tried to work out the very competitive Racing UK Handicap at Goodwood tomorrow (Wed). This is my kind of race and I fancy the very progressive Sea of Hearbreak at 9-1 generally.

This horse has defied the handicapper to win four on the trot and has been put up another 7lb for his last victory at Newbury. That was over 10F and I believe the extra two furlongs of tomorrow's race will bring about further improvement and she can defy the rise in weight; Timeform believe the opposite and feel that the 7lb rise will prove very tough to overcome but for me a very progressive three year old is always worth following and she won so easily at Newbury despite problems in running that I don't think the weight will stop her.

All the best to all punters having a go tomorrow and watch out for the next instalment from here in Cornwall!


No comments:

Post a Comment