Saturday 27 November 2010

Can Denman do it?

A severe lack of punting at this end, bits and pieces but nothing of any consequence but I've got to back Denman today at 6-1. The weight, his age, the quality of the opposition all count against him ofcourse but the way he has won his other two Hennessys suggest to me that he will once again go out and run the rest into submission.

I've also had a bit on Madison du Berlais each way at 16-1 which seems a cracking bet for a horse that won this race two years ago so let's hope for a decent return - I certainly need it.

Life at the B&B is very quiet now so I just hope we'll have some racing to sit down in front of next week, particularly on Tuesday when a horse I have a share in is due to run at Hereford. All the forecasts would indicate it is a 33-1 shot the meeting being on but we live in hope.

Another little punt I'm having today is on Canalturn in the 1.30 at Newbury. This one is running for the first time in more than two years but Charles Egerton is a bit of a master at getting horses ready after a long lay off and I hope he works his wonders with this one.

Happy Punting!

No comments:

Post a Comment