Saturday 2 October 2010

Another big handicap

It's big handicap time again and I've gone for two in the Cambridgeshire. Now that Nationalism has drifted slightly I think he's good value at 13-2 and at a bigger price I'm with Proponent, ridden by Ryan Moore.

This one is pretty consistent and won over 1m at this meeting last year and has also won at Newmarket over 9F. He has winning form on good to soft and from a favourable draw he looks worth an each way go at 25-1.

Nationalism is in blinding form and is being knocked because of his low draw but I hope that will not prevent a decent run. This 1m1f trip is ideal as is the ground and I can see him running really well. My only other bet today is Sahpresa in the Sun Chariot at 4-1, hoping she can win the race for the second year in succession.

I won't see either race as I'm off to watch Argyle-Hartlepool but am already in a grumpy mood as one of our guests at the B&B is a QPR fan who was raving about Jamie Mackie who we sold to QPR for the paltry sum of £500,000. He's now been picked to play for Scotland and West Ham are reported to have offered £6M for him after seeing him score eight times already this season.

How we ever let him go for that I'll never know, particularly considering the rubbish we've bought for the same amount - it's a complete shambles. Our guest, Ken, and his wife Mo are coming back next year - "the only consolation is we don't have any more decent players for QPR to pinch before then," I told him.

No comments:

Post a Comment