Friday 29 October 2010

My punting needs some Brechin spirit..

Back in the punting game and struggling to get a grip of things, unlike my Scottish team, Brechin City, who are flying in Div II. I've been a Brechin fan since the age of eight when as a group of lads in a small village near Plymouth we decided it was time for us to choose our Scottish teams and I settled on the mighty City.

Forty-five years later I finally got to the hallowed Glebe Park during our Scottish trip. I had just wanted to get a picture of myself at the gates but a splendid chap, Alan, who was locking up said he'd show me round and to my delight I was inside, touring the pitch and into the players' lounge where among the mementos was a Plymouth Argyle pennant from a pre-season tour a few years ago! Things got even better when I discovered that the next day City were playing Rangers in a testimonial for Charlie King so the next night I was back and saw a game for the first time ever - what a thrill!

Back to earth now, with guests at the B&B and no winners but hoping to turn the corner today with that old warhorse Mister McGoldrick in the 3.20 at Wetherby. He's won thisrace the two times he's run in it and is at his lowest rating for three years so I'm taking a chance on him at 7-1 even though he hasn't won for two years.

Happy punting!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sir,

    We are from www.tips-free-bets.com and we would like to exchange a text link with your site. The description of our link it is as follow:

    Desc: Tips and Free Bets

    URL: http://www.tips-free-bets.com

    Many thanks and looking forward to your feedback.Our email address is infopronosticiscommesse@gmail.com

    Kind regards,

    Marco Narardi
    Tips-Free-Bets.com

    ReplyDelete