Thursday 7 October 2010

Off to Exeter

Bright and breezy in the westcountry today and conditions are just right for a damn good day's punting at Exeter races.

My chum John the newsagent will be here soon for the 60 mile trip along the A38 to get to the races, stopping on the way to pick up another punter pal, Mitchell, who is still sitting on a massive profit having won over £18 grand recently.

No such success from myself with very limited punting going on due to being so busy at the B&B and generally out of form but in the mood for a good day out. On other racing fronts my plans for Kelso while we're in Scotland now look hopeless but I've managed to secure a trip to Ludlow on the way home with a stopover in that lovely Shropshire town.

Annoyingly a horse I have a share in may run at Worcester the before then but we'll be too far north to get there. Still, a lovely NH season ahead and hopefully plenty more opportunities to see the horse run.

I've had the chance for a quick look at the Exeter card and have backed one with Stan James at 11-1, which I think is a cracking price. It's Swiss Art in the 4.45, trained by the lovely Alison Thorpe and ridden by Ollie Dayman, the 7lb claimer who has a great record for her and I'm pleased to see he's now 9s with Stan James - obviously word has got out that westcoastpunter has put down the readies!

No comments:

Post a Comment