Tuesday 10 August 2010

Back on track

(Warning: Smug git alert as he's backed a winner....)

A nice winner at Windsor last night, returning a terrific 13-2 under the superb Best Odds guarantee. It never ceases to amaze me that when a horse, particularly a filly, starts to run up a sequence that there is not more support in the market. It's as if the idea "he/she can't win again, surely" takes over rather than "he/she keeps winning, I'm going to stick with it." Yes ofcourse the handicap rating goes up but an improver can often overcome that when in great form and Caledonia Princess last night was a case in point.

Newton Abbot is on today but I can't get there unfortunately but as compensation hope to back a 12-1 winner in Dishdasha in the 3.45. Alison Thorpe does really well at Newton and this is her only runner today, with apprentice Olly Dayman on board who has a high strike rate for the trainer. Dishdasha won't mind the rain that's falling in the wesctountry today and the distance is spot on so I'm having relying on the charming Mrs Thorpe to see me alright.

Busy morning at the B&B and now off to North Devon to see my mother so no chance for further study and with no access to ATR or Racing UK I won't be having any more wagers so It's all down to Dishdasha!


No comments:

Post a Comment