Monday 9 August 2010

Win sir?

Monday nights at Windsor used to be a favourite of mine when I lived near Newbury but now down in Cornwall watching it on ATR is the closest I get but that has its compensations, particularly when the lovely Alex Quinn is reporting from the track as she often is.

Unfortunately we have Robert Cooper tonight but he's not such a bad old boy so I'm sure it will be an enjoyable evening and it will be all the better if Caledonia Princess wins the 6F handicap at 6.40. This one is on a hat trick on wins at the track and the way she won the previous two is good enough evidence for me that she can go in again and I can't believe she's now 11-2 due to a sustained punt on Ralph Beckett's Olynard, who won this race a year ago.

My other fancy of the day is Wulfrida in the 4.00 at Southwell. This one is shorter than I usually back at but to me is head and shoulders above the rest, including Cecil's Dolphina, so I've had a bit on at 15-8.

It's another grey and drizzly day here in Cornwall but it's due to brighten up by midweek, just in time for my two hour Fly fishing lesson booked in at the local reservoir. I just hope that is more successful than the punting has been on late!

No comments:

Post a Comment