Saturday 14 August 2010

Big home game

First home league game of the season for Plymouth this afternoon so that is where I shall be, hoping we can build on last week's superb 1-0 win at Southampton. That means no off the cuff punting for me but I have had my two bets of the day, one being touted everywhere as a good thing and the other a long price in the Great St Wilfred up at Ripon,

The hopefully good thing is Kite Wood which I've backed at 3-1 but I see there is now a non-runner who was around 5-1 so I suppose there will be a R4. A bigger return will come if Knot In Wood can win Ripon's big sprint of the year. This one was a touch disappointing in the Stewards Cup at Goodwood but he is on a very winnable mark and will like the softened ground so I'm hopeful of a big each way run at 22-1, although the favourite looks to have a real chance.

My Championship bet on Bristol City seems to be doomed already after they lost last week and now Steve Coppell has walked out on them, which was the main reason for backing them. Just hope for better from Liverpool in the premier league.

No comments:

Post a Comment